Do Those Actually Stay In?
I get stopped All. The. Time. when I'm wearing my AirPods and asked how I like them.
For someone who's always on the go, and always talking or listening to music, AirPods are a game changer. The cords on the old EarPods used to always get tangled. No matter how well I folded them up and put them in my purse, I always had to detangle them before putting them in my ears. SOOOO Annoying. The AirPods don’t have cords, so I never have to deal with another tangle again. Also I used to get the cords caught on things-- in my car, on my purse, an occasional door handle, yep…. and they would get snatched out of my ears. I also was limited by where I could put my phone if I was using the headphones. Most of the time I had to hold my phone. Now I put my phone in my bag, zip it up, and I can listen or talk away.
- They never get tangled and never fall out of my ears.
- The cords never break, because they have none.
- The airpod technology greatly reduces background noise compared to the old EarPods.
- When my hair is down you can’t really see them. (Although you do look like a crazy person talking to yourself. But I'll take it.)
- You cannot control the volume on them yet, like you can on the EarPods. (But once you set it on your phone, it’s usually fine.)
- Tip: You can ask Siri to turn the volume up or down.
- They don’t work with plane TVs, but neither do your new (iPhone 6/7) earbuds with the lightning cable.
- You can pull them out with your long hair, if you’re aggressively changing or fixing your hair.. (However, that rarely happens unless I'm shopping. Dressing room phone calls, anyone?)
- You currently have two options: Double tap to play/pause your music, or talk to Siri.
- You answer incoming calls with the double tap too.
- More options are coming soon with an update.
- It comes with a TicTac sized case that stores them and recharges them for you. It holds about 24 hours of battery life, and the pods hold up to 5 hours of battery life on one charge.
- 15 minutes of charging in the case will give you about 3 hours of battery life.
- I've only ran the battery down completely one time and I had back to back calls literally all day.
- You can use Find My iPhone to locate your AirPods on a map.